Saturday, September 8, 2007

Are You Missing The Point?

Are you signed in to half the 'paid for post' sites out there, posting like crazy and still freaking out because you're only making mere CENTS?

Well that doesn't make any SENSE!

Are you, perhaps, missing the point of Social Site networking?

Ever heard of the old adage 'give a man fish and you'll feed him for a day - teach a man to fish and he'll be able to eat every day thereafter' ?

Your main earnings won't come from the fact that you POST. Your main earnings come from the fact that you post QUALITY text and earn a good reputation within all of the social sites that you're involved with.

Referrals are part of the 'fish' part of the equation, too. They'll be around for a day, but may not sustain you through to large paycheques and payouts. Teach your 'fish' to fish - and then you will all be able to eat every day thereafter, and so will your downline! Basically, this means - STAY IN CONTACT with your referrals on sites that permit this. Teach them to fish.

This doesn't mean SPAM YOUR REFERRALS. This means - ASK your downline about real life stuff. Visit THEIR pages and interests, and see what they're involved in. If you can help them, then DO SO!

Some social sites don't have this built into the software well so that you can have decent contact with individual referrals and downline. In this case - USE YOUR BLOG provided with membership to update your referrals about what you're working on - and encourage them to contact you if they need assistance with anything.

BE HONEST - if you DO NOT KNOW something when someone from your downline asks, then SAY SO...but if you DO KNOW where to find information - lead your downline there.

For instance - I don't have my website completely functional yet, but my list is growing nonetheless, and my programs are gaining referrals, so if someone asks me about 'website tech' stuff, I have to honestly tell them that I DO NOT KNOW the answers they are seeking. I can, however, lead them to the place where I am training and finding the step-by-step answers that I need for the tech difficulties I ran into with my website. I simply say, "I honestly do not have that information for you, but I am learning from THIS site ---------- "

I can assist with questions about marketing, ad copy, lists, autoresponders, click-sites, autosurfs, domain name selection, hosting site recommendations, social sites, list-building sites, follow-up letters, splash pages, traffic exchanges, and many other things. I just don't want to answer questions about certain 'control panel' details and website tech stuff because I run into my own control panel battles from time to time, myself.

I WOULD NOT GIVE GOOD INFORMATION about web tech stuff and it would be a great mistake to try to 'bluff' about this information, so I don't try to bluff. You shouldn't either.

The point about social marketing and social sites and list building is that you DO IT and GET OVER YOURSELF!!! Get over your need to make coin on CLICKS. The money won't all come from there.

THE MONEY COMES FROM DOING and from REPUTATION that you build and from having people be able to COUNT ON YOU for help.

If your referrals can REPLICATE what you are doing - then they will MAKE MONEY and stick with you. They will know that if they hit a 'glitch' that you can help them or that, at least, you will direct them and be as helpful as you can possibly be.

Referral members who are your downline at 'pay per post' sites, 'pay per click' sites and social marketing sites WILL NOT STAY WITH YOU if they think they are just a number and coin value to you. Typically, referrals who aren't making money (with your help) just QUIT after a short time.

Bye-bye to your growing referral base, your list, your prospects. Bye-bye also - to earnings, right?

BE REASONABLE in your expectations about earning sites and opportunities.

How do you want to earn?

By chance?

Or with certainty - and in a way that is REPLICABLE - that you can repeat, day in and day out?

ENSURE that your earning potential can be made CONSTANT by looking at your ACTIONS and reputation - not just your downline numbers.

No comments: